Available in Hydraulic, Pneumatic or Electric power options
Cuts pipe up to 2" wall thickness
Pneumatic and Hydraulic versions are suitable for use in no-spark environments
- Suitable for pipe from 15.24cm – 7 m diameter and beyond
- Cuts pipe up to 2″ wall thickness
- Available in 3 power options: Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Electric
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic versions are suitable for use in no-spark environments
- Two-speed drive gearbox; cuts at speeds of up to 60 mm/min.
- Out-of-round compensation is unnecessary
- Accurate up to +0.5 mm when used with optional guide band
- Full compliance with EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
Sawyer’s Excalibur Cold Cutting Machine
The Excalibur Pipe Cutting and Beveling Machine is able to cut pipe wall up to 2″ (50 mm), bevel high tensile stainless steel pipes, and work in the most extreme temperatures. Available in Hydraulic, Pneumatic, or Electric driven options, the Excalibur machines will cut and bevel most machinable materials, including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, cast iron, and most other alloys without spark or flame.
The heavy-duty chain tensioning mechanism, encased in a high strength alloy frame provides the necessary rigidity and strength for cutting the pipe at the highest travel speed possible. The frame of the Excalibur has six-wheel positions to better follow the radius of the pipe and allow tracking accuracy on a 36′ pipe of better than 0.3 mm.
The Excalibur is equipped with a two-speed drive gearbox, which provides positive movement of the machine around the pipe in all kinds of pipe cutting conditions. No out-of-round compensation is needed, as the machine follows the pipe’s outside diameter, producing an even and consistent cut. The drive chain can be shortened or lengthened to accommodate pipes from as small as 6″ up to 5-meter diameter vessels and beyond.
Able to work on-site, offshore, in the field or even underwater (requires optional corrosion proofing), the Excalibur provides a versatile solution for almost all cutting and beveling applications.